Thursday, April 7, 2011

Prayer for Pure Gold

Lord,

When did I get this idea that by giving up things I can get to you? What is it in me that continues to pursue you through my own means and not yours? Why is it that despite my acknowledgement of Your Spirit I continue to try and reach You through my own Babel? Lord, show me places in which I must obey and show me places in which Your Spirit lacks. Reveal to me those dead weight areas that are dragging me down and lead me to the cross. It is at the foot of the cross that there is room for my weights. Lord allow me to wait on You and to desire only the fruit of Your vine. Fill me Lord, apart from You I have nothing and am nothing. I am the problem with the equation to which the solution is You. Let me not depend on my own understanding and wisdom and please let me look to Yours. Don’t let this be another pretty little prayer nestled into the back of my mind to ease the pain of coming to grips with the fact that I am nothing more than a sinner clothes in righteous rags I call good works. Break the very core of me and allow me to experience the resurrection life. Lord, show me places where I am to involved and allow me to decrease so that You may step in. Cleanse my desires, cleanse my heart, and purify my every motive, until every thought, desire, idea and plan has been brought into full submission.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment