Sunday, August 1, 2010

I really don't know what to say....

Ineffable. It's all I have to say about this past week. I can't even get through this first paragraph without first crying. To think that God would show up in my own life and use me, filthy me, to do His work in others, it blows me away. I never deserved for a second to be in the position I was in this week, and yet, God set it up in such a way that clearly His hand has been moving in me and He has been doing everything in my life these past few months in order that I might be prepared for this week.

The question of the week for me was "So Chris, where were you this time last year?" "Lost" was my response. From here on I really don't know what else to say. I am still collecting my thoughts and trying to put them in a concise blog, however, I am finding it impossible at the moment. I can say this much. I am deeply moved by God. I can't even begin to describe, hence the use of the word ineffable. It is difficult to truly describe the overwhelming sense of awesomeness one feels when you ponder for a second how alive God is, when you ponder His forgiveness, something that I still have trouble accepting, when you ponder how the fact you even are awake in the morning is due to His mercy (Psalm 3:5)

Over the next few days I'll most likely be posting a whole mess of fun from what happened in camp to what God spoke to me.

What's interesting about camp was what God spoke to me on. It was something I didn't expect for a second, however, God got personal, and when He gets personal, it gets serious quick, and it is either listen and apply or get chastened. I chose the former.

To be short so that I don't ruin a future blog, God showed me how to be a real man and in that lesson includes how we as men must treat ladies, who, in His eyes, are His little girls.

That's all for today, sorry for the short blog....I know not like me at all, however, I am on a spiritual overload right now. God is just amazing.

It would do us all well to go through Matt 5-7 and just understand how it is God wants us to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment