Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Now I see...

I'm a fool, a fool, a fool of a man
Always in need of some type of a savior.
I look to the world to find my salvation,
only to find my own devastation.

You look upon my face, through the cloud over me,
A cloud of iniquity, so thick I can't see You,
So thick I can't see You in me,
Yet You love me so much, to blow breath into me.

Your breath moves me, Your breath heals me,
and like a gust from above, Your spirit lifts me.
Slowly the cloud begins to lift, then the longing begins.
I long to see Your face spill into my life.

My heart screams to know You, my soul dances,
My mind is overwhelmed, unable to understand You,
To understand why You made me, why You loved me,
Why You chose the weakest of men to do Your work.

My words are not mine, my thoughts are owned,
My steps pre-determined, my works not self-made,
You counted my hairs and prepared me beforehand,
To work in Your name, me, a man once blind, but now, I see...

1 comment:

  1. beautiful. This is a wild guess, but did you write this? "my thoughts are owned" I hear owned and I automatically associate that word with you, lol.

    Anywho- this described exactly how I feel. Awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete