Monday, June 14, 2010

Unconditional

Unconditional

It makes little sense,
How I spit in Your face,
And there's no recompense,
How I trashed Your creation,
And there's nothing but love,
How I murdered Your Only,
And You sent me a Dove.

I have to cry sometimes when I stop and think of just how much He has done for me. As a sinner all I do is complicate things when in reality it is simple. Love. It is all love. Napoleon Bonaparte (yeah an unexpected person to quote I know) said it best when asked about Jesus: "Well then, I will tell you. Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne and I myself have founded great empires; but upon what did these creations of our genius depend? Upon force. Jesus alone founded His empire upon love, and to this very day millions will die for Him" I don't know where Napoleon stood with God, and it is not my place to ask, however, he was spot on when it came to his quote on Jesus. He is all love. His message drips with love, it oozes love, it emits love, it IS love.

Love your God with your all, offering Him the best of what you have, holding no good thing back. It is the basis by which we ought practice apologetics. Yes, love is an important element in apologetics, because without love, it is just noise (1 Cor 13:1). Don't aim to be the smartest person in the room. It isn't about being right, it is about love. You love them enough to share with them the truth of Christ, which is His love. Apologetics helps in the tearing down of scales, but it must always be done in love. Once scales are torn, then comes a heavy dose of Christ's love...

It is the first lesson in learning to defend your faith. Check out the following video of an awesome apologist Ravi Zacharias and notice his tone, his answer, and his willingness to answer:

Next blog will be on the best apologist to have walked the earth. We'll get a lesson in defending the faith from the Chief Apologist Himself....it is pretty sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment